Japanese Apple-Rolled Pork Cutlet
– 1/2 lb pork (leg portion) sliced
– 1 x apple
– Salt to taste
– Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
– 1 bn green vegetable (saradana) for garnish
– 4 x cherry tomatoes (yellow or red)
– Oil for deep-frying
Batter: All-purpose flour, 1 x beaten egg, dry fine breadcrumbs
Cocktail Sauce: 4 tbs catsup, 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp mustard
– Place pork slices flat on cutting board. Salt and pepper them. Place piece of apple on each slice and roll up. Make 12 rolls.
– Coat rolls with flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs. Heat oil to 360 degrees and deep-fry.
– Arrange saradana on serving plate and place pork rolls on top. Mix cocktail sauce ingredients. Serve with cherry tomatoes and the cocktail sauce.